In general, our website can be used without providing personal data. If personal data are collected on our websites (name, address or email addresses, for example), this always takes place on a voluntary basis where possible.
Please note that transmission of data over the internet (during communication via email, for example) may have security vulnerabilities. The complete protection of data against access by third parties is not possible.
Information on the processing of personal data according to Art. 12 to 14 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Last updated 05.12.2018
This information serves the purpose of transparency as well as the exercising of your rights in connection with the processing of personal data. Personal data means all information relating to you as an identified or identifiable natural person. The processing of personal data takes place according to the statutory provisions on data protection of the Federal Republic of Germany.
(point (a) of Art. 13/14(1) GDPR)
Katernberger Str. 107
Telephone: 0201 858 958 – 0
Fax: 0201 858 958 – 90
Registered office of the company: Essen
Registry court: Local Court of Essen, HRB (Commercial Register) 26639
Managing Director: Dr. Julian Bosch
Contact details of the Data Protection Officer (point (b) of Art. 13/14(1) GDPR)
Our Managing Director will be pleased to respond to all of your questions regarding data projection.
Dr. Julian Bosch
Katernberger Str. 107
Telephone: 0201 858 958 – 10
Purposes of the processing and legal bases (point (c) of Art. 13/14(1) GDPR)
We process personal data for the following purposes and according to the following legal bases:
- For the fulfilment of contractual obligations (point (b) of Art. 6(1) GDPR): We process personal data for the fulfilment of contracts. The fulfilment of contracts includes, for example, the conclusion, implementation and reversal of the contract. We also process personal data which is required for the completion of pre-contractual measures, such as the initiation of a contract, for example, and which take place upon your request.
- The fulfilment of statutory obligations (point (c) of Art. 6(1) GDPR): We also process personal data if it is necessary for the fulfilment of a statutory obligation to which we are subject. That includes the fulfilment of statutory retention requirements, for example..
- Processing on the basis of consent (point (a) of Art 6(1) GDPR): We shall also process personal data for one or several specific purposes if you have provided us with your consent to do so.
Legitimate interests (point (d) of Art. 13(1) / point (b) of Art. 14(2) GDPR)
In the scope of the safeguarding of our legitimate interests, on the basis of point (f) of Art. 6(1) GDPR, we process personal data for internal administrative purposes.
Recipients and categories of recipients (point (e) of Art. 13/14(1) GDPR)
We only disclose personal data for the purposes referred to in clause 3. The recipients of the data include public authorities or social insurance agencies.
We also disclose personal data to service providers. When commissioning services, we take the data protection provisions into account, especially those concerning order processing.
Transfer to a third country or an international organisation (point (f) of Art. 13/14(1) GDPR)
We will not transfer your data to a third country or to an international organisation.
Duration of storage and criteria for the determination of the storage period (point (a) of Art. 13/14(2) GDPR).
We shall store your personal data for the purposes referred to in clause 3, especially for the fulfilment of contracts. If the contract is completely implemented or reversed together with you, as a rule, your data will no longer be used. The exception is the use for statistical assessments. Your data will also be stored for the fulfilment of the statutory retention obligations.
Rights of data subjects (point (b) of Art. 13(2) / point (c) of Art. 14(2) GDPR)
According to Art. 15 to 22 GDPR, as a data subject, you have the following rights:
- The right of access concerning the processing of your personal data (refer to Art. 15, GDPR),
- The right of rectification for inaccurate personal data regarding your person, and, taking the purposes of the processing into account, to the completion of incomplete personal data (refer to Art. 16 GDPR),
- The right to erasure (“right to be forgotten”) concerning personal data, especially if the data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was processed or you have withdrawn your consent (refer to Art. 17 GDPR),
- The right to the restriction of processing (blocking), especially if the accuracy of the personal data is contested by you, for a duration enabling us to verify the accuracy of the personal data (refer to Art. 18 GDPR),
- Right to data portability (Art. 20 GDPR): You have the right to receive the personal data concerning your person which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and you have the right to transmit such data to another controller without hindrance from us, insofar as the processing is based on consent or on a contract and is carried out by automated methods,
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, particularly processing for the purposes of direct advertising (Art. 21 GDPR),
- automated individual decision-making, including profiling Art. 22 GDPR): You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing – including profiling – which has a legal impact on your person or otherwise places you at a considerable disadvantage. This shall not apply if the decision concerning the conclusion or fulfilment of a contract between your person and us is necessary, is permitted on the basis of statutory provisions, and such provisions contain reasonable measures for the safeguarding of your rights and freedoms and your legitimate interests, or takes place with your express consent.
Withdrawal of consent (point (c) of Art 13(2) GDPR) / Point (d) of Art. 14(2) GDPR).
If the processing of data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw such consent at any time.
Right to lodge a complaint (point (d) of Art. 13(2) GDPR / point (e) of Art. 14(2) GDPR)
You have the right to lodge a complaint at the supervisory authority which has responsibility for us. The responsible supervisory authority is
Landesbeauftragte für Datenschutz und Informationsfreiheit
(State Officer for Data Protection and Freedom of Information)
Postfach 20 04 44
40102 Düsseldorf, Germany
Telephone: 0211 38424-0
Fax: 0211 38424-10
Statutory or contractual obligation to provide personal data (point (e) of Art. 13(2) GDPR)
The provision of personal data is generally required for the initiation, conclusion, implementation and reversal of a contract. Should you fail to provide the necessary personal data, it is not possible for us to conclude or fulfil a contract with you.
Automated decision-making and profiling (point (f) of Art. 13(2) / point (g) of Art. 14(2) GDPR)
Automated decision-making and profiling to not occur.
Categories of personal data which are processed in the scope of collection by a third party and sources (point (d) of Art. 14(1) and point (f) of Art. 14(2) GDPR)
We do not collect personal data through third parties.