Effective control of pollutant plumes
Intrasorp® is the suspension that contains our specialized activated carbon colloids. In 2004, it was developed and patented at one of Europe’s leading environmental research centers – UFZ Leipzig – and is exclusively distributed by Intrapore. With Intrasorp®, we can create in situ adsorption barriers to quickly prevent the spreading of plumes or limit the leaching of source zones with respect to a wide variety of organic contaminants.
The Intrasorp® suspension shows a superior subsurface mobility during injection, a irreversible deposition at the target zone and a vast adsorption capacity.
It has been proven successfully in multiple remediation projects at multiple sites, with injection permissions by local water authorities.
Field-proven: Successful full-scale applications
- Adsorption of BTEX, PAH, mineral oil hydrocarbons for the long-term immobilization of contaminants in groundwater plumes or source zones.
- Effective adsorption of a wide variety of further organic contaminants.
- Can be injected into the aquifers as colloidally stabilized suspension via direct push or via existing measuring wells.
- Irreversible deposition after injection, no uncontrolled mobility of “renegade” AC colloids.
- Immediate cutoff of contamination plumes.
- Sustained lifetimes of the in situ adsorption barrier
- Field-proven full-scale remediation applications.
- Superior, drinking-water quality – Made in Germany and scientifically validated.
- Can be boosted by our patented Intrablue® additive: colloidal iron oxides will be mixed into the Intrasorp® suspension. The iron oxide colloids serve as electron acceptors for anaerobic microorganisms, greatly enhancing the microbial degradation of contaminants under anoxic conditions.